Overlord Rico is the king of the Underworld that appears during the events of Dokapon Kingdom. His son, Rico Jr., is prince of the Underworld. Overlord Rico only appears in Story Mode. You will be unable to enter the Underworld to challenge him if you have not freed any towns because you will be unable to get a passport.
In Story Mode, he will appear twice. During his first appearance in the Overworld, within the Tower of Rabble, he is unable to use his full strength against the Adventurer. He then retreats back into the Underworld through the Gates of Heck to regain use of all of his power. The adventurer must first obtain a passport (gives the Gates of Heck 1/4 of your Towns except for Castles) to enter the Gates of Heck, then fight his or her Clonus, defeat the Demon's Guard, and finally confront Overlord Rico.
He has a normal form and a true form, and his moveset is different between his normal form and true form.
He doesn't often use strike. He has auto-counter (much like most Bosses), so striking him is a death wish.
- Normal Form
- True Form
- Offensive Magic – Giga Blaze – Strongest fire battle magic, has a slight chance to lower defense.
- Defensive Magic – Bounce – Sends back the magic back to the caster.
- Battle Skill – Strikeout – Has a high chance to break one of your equipment (he use this more often than his normal form).
- Rico Jr. – Overlord Rico's son, prince of the Underworld. He appears in both Story and Normal Mode.
- Demon's Guard – The bodyguard of Overlord Rico. He only appears in Story mode.
- Clonus – The copy of an adventurer. It only appears in Story mode.
- He, Succubus, Roc, and Rico Jr. are the only 4 monsters that have red eyes.